I have a huge obsession with foundation, i’m an absolute hoarder. I can’t give you information about every single foundation, but I have listed quite a few. Whether you prefer a light finish, a bit of coverage or the full wack I can recommend a few good ones that have been tried and tested by moi. Have you ever bought a foundation and it says full coverage but it actually looks like a light-medium, then your left with a foundation you most probably won’t use, so these are my own opinions on these foundations.
My Skin Type
To start with I have oily/dehydrated skin however I love dewy finish on my skin, I really don’t like a matte finish, however I have mentioned a few good mattes bellow. In other posts I will suggest foundations which are best for dry skin.
As there is just so many to list, I am going to do it in sections, keep the tension building for you all. To start of, my top ten…
I can’t list these from my absolute favourite, as these are my go to foundations, ones that I know will stick for me through the day and won’t make my face melt off.
- YSL Touche Eclat – A beautiful medium buildable coverage with a dewy finish, I find this foundation lasts all day and is one of my go to day wear foundations when I have broken out a bit or just want that extra coverage. It’s great for dry skins as well. £33.50 http://www.yslbeauty.co.uk/makeup/complexion/touche-eclat/touche-eclat-le-teint-foundation/WW-20350YSL.html
- Kat Von D Lock it Tattoo– If you are after a full coverage, matte finish foundation, look no further. This foundation is insanely good. The coverage is full, very full. But not cakey which is amazing, because when does that happen? It is matte, but I normally mix this in with Mac’s strobe cream or lustre drops to give a dewy look. The foundation will last all night and is my go to every single time for a night out foundation, because I know it will last ! £27.00 http://www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10701_10001_123016007799_-1
- Charlotte Tilbury Magic Foundation – Firstly I love the packing its rose gold and blush pink, amazing ! The coverage is a light to medium I think, takes a little bit of building to cover but makes a beautiful day foundation. Looks super natural and gives a beautiful glow without being too oily, I feel like this foundation sits on my skin for most of the day so is pretty trusting. I’d say this would suit most skin types as it’s a lovely velvety texture, not drying and not greasy. £30.00 http://www.charlottetilbury.com/uk/products/makeup/face/foundation.html?nst=0&gclid=CJ_0xJ3Uz9QCFc2_7Qodn60DWw&gclsrc=aw.ds
- Too Faced Born this way – I find this very similar to Charlotte Tilbury’s foundation. A lovely texture, gives a nice natural sheen to the skin however I think on more dry skin it would look more matte. This foundation is infused with coconut water so is very hydrating for the skin. On the website it claims to leave an undetectable finish, I mean its foundation, it’s a medium coverage, I wouldn’t say full, I don’t feel like you can get an undetectable finish when it covers well. But is a really nice everyday, natural looking foundation. £29.00 http://www.selfridges.com/GB/en/cat/too-faced-born-this-way-foundation_277-3004910-70130/?previewAttribute=Porcelain
- Mac Cosmetics BB compact – I love this compact, its great to take away with you on holiday as it’s so convenient, it comes with a little sponge although I apply it with a brush. Don’t think that because it is a BB it won’t give you coverage, the coverage is about a medium but giving off a natural finish still, with a very glowy finish. I find I always have to set this with a powder, something thats not to matte but takes some of the shine away, if not it’s a little bit too much, especially on oily skin. I like to use Laura Mercier Translucent powder for this. If I don’t set it, it won’t last all day and I look like i’ve slathered olive oil all over my face. I feel like the colours come up at little darker, so make sure to get a colour match before buying ! £25.00 http://www.maccosmetics.co.uk/product/14765/22075/products/makeup/face/bb-cc/prep-prime-bb-beauty-balm-compact-spf-30#/shade/Extra_Light
- Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation – This is probably up there with my favourites, it’s a dewy dream. Giving just the right amount of coverage, about a medium ( I wouldn’t say much more ) it gives a gorgeous sun kissed look with an amazing staying power. I wear this day or night! £40.00 http://www.selfridges.com/GB/en/cat/giorgio-armani-luminous-silk-foundation_317-77011643-LUMSILKFDT/?previewAttribute=3.5
- Tom Ford Traceless Perfecting Foundation – An absolutely beautiful light coverage foundation. It sits so lightly on the skin like you have nothing on, yet covers really well. I would say a natural satin finish, not to much of a sheen but not matte. It’s a pricey buy, but for me, i’m glad I purchased this. £66.00 http://www.selfridges.com/GB/en/cat/tom-ford-traceless-perfecting-foundation-spf-15_450-3001058-TRACELESSPERFECTING/?previewAttribute=Cream
- Becca Aqua Luminous Perfecting Foundation – My holiday dream, imagine sun kissed, glowing, perfect looking skin… it is all this in a bottle. A medium coverage, covering well but never looking heavy giving a gorgeous glow. I sadly bought this in a darker shade so I can’t wear it everyday, but if I could.. I think I would ! £34.00 https://www.cultbeauty.co.uk/becca-aqua-luminous-perfecting-foundation.html
- Estee Lauder Double Wear – The oldie but a goodie, a classic. I was reluctant to buy this at first, I think because people kept saying it was cake, this is a full coverage and it will cover everything, but I don’t find it cakey, I feel like you need 1 to 1 1/2 layers to make it cover everything, anything over this then yes, it could be cakey. This isn’t the best for flashback, so I wouldn’t recommend for night outs or weddings but this old little gem will stay put. £32.50 http://www.esteelauder.co.uk/product/643/3894/product-catalog/makeup/face/foundations/double-wear/stay-in-place-makeup-spf-10#/shade/1C0-Shell
- Make up Forever HD (Stick) – I love this stick foundation, it’s so easy to apply literally swipe on and blend in, I like to blend this in with either a sponge or a buffer brush, its a great coverage, high medium to full, however if you apply less you can always achieve a light finish. It gives a lovely dewy finish on the skin however if I want it to las a while I do need use powder. £29.00 http://www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10701_10001_123435068199_-1
This was a lot harder than I thought as I kept thinking of so many other ones I love, I will add these into other, more specific posts that are suited to certain skin types as when can we ever get enough of foundation talk ! If you are thinking about buying a foundation, let me know ! I’ve most probably tried it…
Amy x x x